11.08.2009

Africa Photos

Ok - I know this doesn't fit the current theme, but since I have recently given out copies of my book on Africa, I am posting photos here for those reading it to see.

The team

Sizwe




Gunde



Sunrise




Sunset








Thru the window






Dusty Road







reflection







Home in the valley









this photo cracks me up because there is an address on the window















Spider web in our bathroom






I love that he is laughing






the first home we visited in the valley - The 12 yr old headed household






Marcus - one of the kids at GGA
His eyelashes killed me -so long and beautiful





Khanysile and I - right before we got in the van to leave





This is one of my favs of Khanysile. I think it shows her beauty and her pain





Jon and Debbie (this is actually from year two)
We moved all those cinder blocks... we worked hard.




Girls practicing the hand clapping game we taught them




Fetching water








The elephant as it was charging us





Fish Eagle





a nicer elephant (taken in year two)





waterfall in the Drakensburg Mountains











I love this photo - his smile jumps out



a shepard boy in the mountains - it's an instrument he's holding







View from the top. The mountains were one of the most beautiful places I have ever been










Cosi from GGA




Also Cosi





Where we lived





the upstairs





Our dining area and hang out place




Our bedroom
the top bunk is Diane and her cocoon




Chummy



Chummy - what's not to love in that face




I love the black and white skin together in this photo. that's Matt up there





this photo is on the wall in my living room


Girl we picked up and took to McDonalds and back to GGA







kids in the valley
we gave them sweets (candy)



No comments: